STUDENTS OF NORTH CAROLINA SCHOOL INVESTIGATED AFTER DISCUSSING COLUMBINE-STYLE ATTACK
Four students of carver middle school of North Carolina are under investigation after allegedly planning a Columbine-style attack at their school.
Scotland County Sheriff, Lt. Jessica Sadonikov, told reporters on Monday that authorities have concrete evidence that the students of ages 12 or 13 planned a violence against students and a teacher at Carver Middle School.
She said an employee at the Middle school reported to the school resource officer last week about some suspicious postings on Instagram, WMBR reported.
After much investigation and reviewing of post, officials determined the four students were serious about undertaking the attack at the school. She also said one of the alleged posters specifically mentioned Columbine when questioned.
The public school of Scotland in a statement said that “The safety of our students and staff is and will remain of paramount importance. This Day and time, we cannot be too careful,” “we must take even the smallest threats seriously, and we must have proper authorities investigating every incident.”
It continued: “we will continue to work together with law enforcement to investigate this and any other threats against our schools, students, or staffs.”
The Sheriff’s office said they are seeking secured custody of the students and are petitioning charges filed against them.
Investigations are still ongoing she added.