A court had thwarted one of New York City’s initiatives to remove any resemblance to former President Trump from the city, which is a leftist stronghold.
Earlier this week, the court determined that the Trump Organization’s Ferry Point golf club in the Bronx may go forward, according to Bloomberg, which first reported the news.
After the attack on the Capitol on the 6th of January, the city terminated $17 million worth of contracts with the corporation, including agreements to run a carousel and two ice rinks in Central Park.
“Operate a course capable of drawing professional tournament-quality events,” the contract said, and New York claimed the group had done just that.
The New York City’s complaint claims that the PGA of America’s declaration in January that it would not play its annual tournament at Trump’s Bedminster course led it to think that no golf body would affiliate itself with the Bronx club if it was linked to Trump after the Capitol violence.
There is no responsibility under the agreement between New York City and Ferry Point to terminate their contract, says New York State Supreme Court Justice Debra James on Friday. James pointed out that, despite the contract’s provision allowing the city to unilaterally terminate the partnership, New York had not done so.
A representative for the New York Municipal Law Department noted that everyone who has a city concession is held to a high standard. “We are considering our legal options in light of the court’s judgment.
The former president’s son Eric Trump told The New York Post that the group will keep running the golf course.
On Twitter, he said, “Our crew is pleased to continue operating the best golf course in New York!”
Breaking: Total Victory at @TrumpFerryPoint! @BilldeBlasio is a disgrace to New York and his challenge to our contract was nothing more than political theatre (that costs NY tremendous money and time). Our team is proud to continue to operate the greatest Golf Course in New York! pic.twitter.com/6mX602v6kX
— Eric Trump (@EricTrump) April 8, 2022
In other legal developments, President Donald Trump is requesting that the judge assigned to his lawsuit against Hillary Clinton be removed from the case before it can be heard.
As reported by The Washington Examiner, his motivation for seeking to have U.S. District Court Judge Donald Middlebrooks removed from the bench is because the judge was initially appointed by former President Bill Clinton in 1997, while Hillary Clinton was the first lady.
In a court filing, the former president’s lawyers said that “there is a plausible basis to believe that Judge Middlebrooks’ impartiality would be called into doubt
Your teeth and gums will be rebuilt in 60 seconds or less with this “trick.”
These 2 Vegetables Can Help You Lose Belly Fat in As Little As 24 Hours.
Also cited is Section 455 of the United Provides Code, which states that “Any justice, judge, or magistrate judge of the United States must disqualify himself in any hearing where his impartiality could fairly be questioned.”
No mention is made of Middlebrooks’ decision to dismiss a civil racketeering lawsuit against Clinton, which alleged that the former secretary of state used her private email account and changed U.S. foreign policy to solicit speaking fees and donations to the Clinton Foundation, from his filing. Middlebrooks’ decision was made public in 2016.
Trump filed his complaint late last month, claiming a conspiracy to fabricate a “false narrative” linking his 2016 presidential campaign to Russian interference in the 2016 election.